- Building UHD Software from Source
Building UHD Software from Source¶
Follow the instructions on this page to build and install UHD software from source.
Get the Source Code¶
The UHD source is stored in a Git repository. To download it, follow these instructions:
git clone git://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd.gitOur source code is divided into two branches:
- master: This is the main branch, with updated new features and bug fixes.
- maint: This branch has all bugfixes since the last major release, but there are no new features.
Follow the build guide for prerequisites or run one of the quick install commands for Fedora or Ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev python-cheetah doxygen python-docutils
sudo yum -y install boost-devel libusb1-devel python-cheetah doxygen python-docutils
- Follow the Build Guide.
- Download the firmware and FPGA images necessary to use a USRP device. Instructions are below.
Using a USB-based device?¶
Firmware and FPGA images¶
Download Pre-Built Images
We build two sets of firmware/FPGA images, one for each branch.
- If you are using the master branch, use the images from our Master Images directory.
- If you are using the maint branch or any of our releases, use the images from our Maint Images directory.
UHD Images Downloader
Introduced in UHD 003.005.000, the UHD Images Downloader downloads images compatible with the current host code and places them in the default image directory (or a user-specified directory).
Unless you are using a custom install prefix, the UHD Images Downloader can be found in the following locations:
- NOTE: In most instances, you must be a superuser/Administrator to use this feature.
Build Your Own Images
Or you can build your own images. Follow these instructions.