- Building UHD Software from Source
Building UHD Software from Source¶
Follow the instructions on this page to build and install UHD software from source.
Get the Source Code¶
The UHD source is stored in a Git repository. To download it, follow these instructions:
git clone git://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd.git
If you also want the FPGA code (which is not necessary for building UHD and applications which depend on it), run:
git clone --recursive git://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd.git
This will populate the 'fpga-src' submodule inside the repository. You can also do this after cloning the repository by running these commands from the top level source directory:
git submodule init git submodule updateOur source code is divided into two branches:
- master: This is the main branch, with updated new features and bug fixes.
- maint: This branch has all bugfixes since the last major release, but there are no new features.
Follow the build guide for prerequisites or run one of the quick install commands for Fedora or Ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev python-cheetah doxygen python-docutils cmake
sudo yum -y install boost-devel libusb1-devel python-cheetah doxygen python-docutils cmake
- Follow the Build Guide.
- Download the firmware and FPGA images necessary to use a USRP device. Instructions are below.
Using a USB-based device?¶
Firmware and FPGA images¶
Download Pre-Built Images
We build two sets of firmware/FPGA images, one for each branch.
- If you are using the master branch, use the images from our Master Images directory.
- If you are using the maint branch or any of our releases, use the images from our Maint Images directory.
UHD Images Downloader
The UHD Images Downloader utility downloads images compatible with the current host code and places them in the default image directory (or a user-specified directory).
Unless you are using a custom install prefix, the UHD Images Downloader can be found in the following locations:
- NOTE: In most instances, you must be a superuser/Administrator to use this feature.
Using the USRP X300/X310 with PCIeTo be able to use USRP X300 or USRP X310 devices over PCIe, follow these instructions:
NOTE: Using the USRP X300/X310 with PCIe is not supported with OS X.